Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Tribute to Weather Guru, Don Anderson

Here is a very nice tribute to Don Andesrson, fellow cruiser & weather guru. I wanted to write one of my own, but I think Laura’s sums it up. I also was a net Controller for Summer Passage weather back when we had Windfall in 2009 and 2010. I had so hoped to get back in the swing of things when we finally replaced our SSB/HAM we have on Hotspur, but Don took a sabbatical soon after. There is nothing – and I mean nothing – that makes you feel more secure as a cruiser than talking with a person who has a true grasp of the weather patterns. Don wasn’t perfect, but he had a gift for understanding weather. A real gift. And he was a character, which made us adore him all the more. I will sure miss him and we Hotspurvians sure do appreciate him. Don, thank you and fair winds!
What Laura has to say about Don (and ditto!) on Just A Minute:
http://svjustaminute.blogspot.com/2012/04/tribute-to-don-anderson.html

No comments:

Post a Comment