Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mazatlan Aquarium



Carolyne was kissed by this handsome bull,
but they were both too fast for my camera!
Nursing Jim is not a full time job... unless you ask him.  Regardless, on Saturday Tim hopped a bus to the Old Harbor to play computer games with Jason. I slipped away with Carolyne and we met up with Lori and Amy from Third Day to enjoy a morning at the Mazatlan Aquarium. Jim stayed home and nursed his scar, ate the lunch I left for him and probably sang the Blues. It's okay... I made sure he had plenty of pain meds before I left him alone. In reality, he probably enjoyed the peace and quiet and only cursed me when he couldn't reach for something easily. Moving around these days is a very slow and painful process for my husband.

The Mazatlan Aquarium was completely worth the trip. The aquarium portion of the park is fairly small, but with amazing and interesting collections of colorful marine life, shells and whale bones. The outdoor gardens and paths are thick with flowering trees, plants and goldfish ponds . Tropical bird aviaries are homes to a variety of macaws, parrots and other biting birds... I didn't want to be that close to their beaks, personally. And I suppose because we are typical Americans our favorites were the seal and parrot shows. The price? It cost Carolyne and I less than $6 USD each.

No comments:

Post a Comment