Cream Puff Recipe - originally from Laura s/v JAM and then adapted by Meri s/v Hotspur
- Makes 9 standard puffs or 20 or so mini-puffs
Powdered sugar sprinkled atop or melted chocolate chips drizzled on top.
- Mix together instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). (Laura's recipe says 400* but my boat oven does best and cooks faster on 425*)
- In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Using a wooden spoon, stir in salt and then flour... mixing rapidly until the mixture forms a ball and is no longer sticking to sides of pan.
- Using same wooden spoon, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing rapidly after each so that egg doesn't cook in pan.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Drop by 1/4 cups (Or by Tablespoon for mini-puffs) onto an lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are still warm, split with knife and fill with the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle or drizzle topping.