Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Resisting the Urge to Talk About Food

"Why is it that every blog post you do is about food?" Jim asks me.
"It's not all about food," I insist.
"Pretty much. Don't you have anything else to talk about other than recipes?"
Pause.
"No, I do not."

How in the world can I be in paradise and not have anything else to talk about other than food? It's because for me, people make the world go round. People. And let's just say that my social life isn't very... social. 

I have managed to get my lazy rear in gear and go to yoga 6 days a week. It beats taking a walk in the morning, which turns into a mad run for it as the famished hoard of Dengue carrying mosquitoes begin a feeding frenzy. I am not exaggerating . The rest of the day, however, most of us here in the marinas remain in the bowels of our boats trying to stay cool.

The kids are another story. And thank goodness for that! 









No comments:

Post a Comment